Breaking News
Loading...
Thứ Năm, 21 tháng 6, 2018

Info Post
Nature and the Environment
Unit 1 A Picnic by the River
W: This is a good spot. Let’s stop and have our picnic
next to the river.
M: Good idea. Walking always makes me hungry.
I’m ready for lunch.
W: We can sit here on the grass. Oh no! Someone
forgot to throw these empty paper bags away.
There is litter everywhere!
M: Why do people always leave litter around? It’s
not a nice thing to do. It spoils other people’s
picnics.
W: I think they are lazy. Or maybe they just don’t
care. Look, there are some empty cans and glass
bottles under that tree, too.
M: People should clean up before they leave, and
not leave litter lying around.
W: That’s right. Well, after our picnic, let’s pick up
all the litter we can and take it out of here.
M: OK! And next week, let’s come back with
friends and pick up some more.
W: Good idea!
Unit 2 Let’s Recycle!
M: Hi, Jane! Have you heard about the new laws to
help people recycle?
W: I heard about them on the news last night. I
don’t think I like them.
M: The government wants to keep the environment
clean by recycling paper, metal, and glass
instead of throwing these things away.
W: But who wants to pay an extra 50 cents each
time you buy a cup of coffee? That’s a lot of
money!
M: 50 cents? It’s only five cents extra for a paper
cup.
W: I thought it was 50 cents!
M: No, it’s only five cents. Don’t worry. And you
can get your money back when you return the
cup.
W: That’s fair. Well, maybe the government is right,
after all. I’ll return all the paper coffee cups I use
from now on.
M: Good! We all need to recycle. It helps to keep
the environment clean.
Unit 3 Growing Roses
M: Excuse me, ma’am. I have a problem with my
rose bush. It used to produce a lot of pink roses.
But now it doesn’t produce any flowers at all.
W: I see. That does seem like a problem. Do the
leaves on the plant look healthy?
M: Not really. The leaves used to be very green.
Now, most of them have turned brown.
W: Well, I think your rose bush needs some fertilizer.
M: OK. What sort of fertilizer do you think I should
use?
W: This liquid fertilizer is very good. It will help
make your rose leaves green again. Then the
plant should produce roses quite soon. The
fertilizer costs about ten dollars.
M: How long will it take for my rose bush to recover?
W: About two weeks, I think.
M: Great. I’ll take it. Thank you so much for your
help.
W: You’re welcome!
Unit 4 Bird Watching
B : I want to go bird watching tomorrow. Do you
know a good area for birds?
G : There is a quiet park near here. There are always
many beautiful birds there.
B : Will I be able to see different types of birds in
this area?
G : Yes, I think so. If you use binoculars, you can
see the birds, even if they are far away.
B : Great! I have a book about all the different types
of birds.
G : It seems as if you really like bird watching.
B : Yes, I do! Would you like to come with me
tomorrow?
G : No, thank you. I think bird watching is boring.
B : That’s not true! Birds are very interesting. Some
birds have colorful feathers. Some birds sing
beautiful songs. Some birds make special nests
to lay eggs in.
G : Really? Maybe I will go bird watching one day
after all!2
Unit 5 Trees in the Forest
B : There are many forests in North America.
There are many trees in these forests. Some of
these trees are more than two hundred feet tall.
Some are over five hundred years old.
Several kinds of trees grow in these forests.
Fir, cedar, and pine are three. These trees grow in
different areas. Some grow in forests. Some grow
on the mountains. People who lived in this place
long ago used these trees to make things out of
wood.
Many of these trees are now in special areas.
These areas are called forest reserves or national
parks.
Some parks charge a small entrance fee.
Visitors must pay the fee to enter the parks.
Then they can walk among the beautiful old
trees. They must take care not to damage the
trees. We should all take care of forests.
Science and Technology
Unit 6 An Easy Way to Shop
G : Hey, Steve. Look at my new MP3 player!
B : Wow! It looks cool! Where did you buy it?
G : I bought it online at an electronics website.
B : I’m not very good at using a computer. Is it hard
to buy things online?
G : It’s really easy. All you do is go to the website,
and choose the item you want to look at. There
are so many items to choose from on the website!
After you choose what you want to buy, you
click on the “check out” button.
B : That does seem easy!
G : Yes, it is. It only takes about a week for your
item to come. Of course, if you are in a hurry,
you can pay more to get it sent faster.
B : Do you pay for the item when it comes?
G : No, you have to pay for it online with a credit
card.
Unit 7 Cell Phone Messages
W: I need to check my messages.
M: How are you going to do that? We are in the
middle of the freeway!
W: I’m going to use my cell phone. Haven’t you
ever done that?
M: No. I just use my cell phone to talk to other
people.
W: Now you can also use a cell phone to send and
receive short text messages. It’s very useful.
M: How do you send a message that way?
W: I just use the keys on the phone to type a short
message. Then I press the “send” button. It’s
cheaper than making a phone call.
M: That’s a great idea! You can save both time and
money that way.
W: Right. All my friends usually send me text
messages now.
M: Thanks for telling me about this. I’ll have to try
it!
W: You’re welcome. I think you’ll find it useful.
Unit 8 Bubbles in Boiling Water
G : Where do the bubbles come from when you
boil water?
Water is a liquid. When it is heated, it moves
around faster and faster. When it starts to boil,
the liquid turns into a gas. This gas is called
water vapor. This gas is lighter than the water
around it. It rises to the top. Then it disappears
into the air.
As the water gets hotter and hotter, it starts
turning into gas very quickly. A lot of bubbles
form at the same time. All these bubbles try to
escape at once. The bubbles push the water out
of the way and “jump” out. This is what we call
“boiling water.”
More and more water turns into gas. More
of it disappears into the air. After a while, every
drop of the water will be gone. Try it and see!3
Transcripts
Unit 9 The Blue Sky
B : Joe asked me something about science just now.
But I didn’t know the answer.
G : I’m good at science. Ask me.
B : OK. Why is the sky blue?
G : I’ll explain it in a simple way. Light comes
through the air from the sun in waves.
B : The light is in many colors, right?
G : Right. Blue light waves are smaller than air
molecules. They sometimes get absorbed by
these molecules.
B : OK. What happens then?
G : Then the blue light waves scatter in many
directions. Your eyes see this blue light from
above you, after it leaves the air molecules.
B : So that is what makes the sky blue! What
happens to the other colors?
G : They reflect off the things that they hit. Your
shirt is red because our eyes see the red light
reflected from it.
B : Now I understand why the sky is blue!
Unit 10 A New Camera
M: I just bought a digital camera!
W: What is wrong with your old camera?
M: Nothing. I bought this one because I want to
store my pictures on my computer.
W: I see.
M: I can also delete pictures that are not very good.
I don’t have to print them.
W: I like to print all my photos. That’s why I like
the old cameras.
M: Oh, you can print digital photos, too. Many
shops will print them for you.
W: Really?
M: Yes. You can even buy a good printer and do it
from home.
W: That seems easy! How do you store these digital
pictures?
M: You can store the pictures on your computer.
But you might run out of space. I save all the
pictures I like on compact discs. You can store
more than seven hundred photos on one CD!
W: Great! Maybe I should get a digital camera, too

--------------------------------
video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3AYgRd9SDE
Comments
0 Comments
Facebook Comments by Ho Duc Tin

0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét